Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Sometimes you have to slow down to speed up"



The hoary, hard days of winter are firmly entrenched, and we have taken riding refuge in Val’s hospitable heated garage, guided by the steady encouragement of coach Troy who gently barks out orders: “Ok, put in the big ring on the front and 15 at the back… sometimes you have to slow down to speed up.”   We have watched his training videos many times; we can predicate the twitches of the riders in the videos, and we jeer at them as we sweat with them.  These training videos are paced effectively and I feel I am maintaining the cycling legs developed over last summer—all good. 

My quibble with the videos is the music.  Jasper, many posts ago, referred to the music as cheesy lounge music (I am paraphrasing, of course).  I know using interesting music in the videos would create licensing problems, and infringe on copy rights, etc.  Every once in a while, however, I would like the video’s soundtrack to play something more conducive and stimulating –a song more akin to riding a bicycle in a heated garage with an outside wind chill factor of minus 50.   In the interests of motivating my hardy indoor riding companions, I post a frivolous song.  Nothing technical, nothing important, nothing even all that relevant.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!